Develop a worldview!
Goodday Grandchildren,
In my last note, I discussed bias, our biases, and other people’s biases. In my opinion, our biases are based on our worldview. That means our view of what is life, what are we as people here for, evolution, why is there war and peace, what is right and what is wrong; abortion, cheating, euthanasia, pornography, same-sex marriage, love, hate, embryonic research, genetic enhancement, freedom, equal opportunity, fear, patriotism, transgender rights, all these things. What do we citizens want in our country, who are we citizens? Some of these are political issues, most are religious issues.
And I, as a Christian, am
required to share my thoughts on these issues with you. See Proverb 22;6. God commands his people to talk about Him
with their children as He stated in Deuteronomy 6:6-7; “These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.
Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when
you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” Don’t be put off by
“children” God calls us all His children, none too young and none too old.
I want you to be
objective, think clearly, develop and understand your own
worldview. You are an image of God, Genesis 1:26, develop and keep
your own convictions and biases, just be aware of them. And for your sake, take your time on forming
opinions unless you know they are correct, and you have spoken to God about
them. Preparation helps, think and determine
who you are, who you want to be, ask God who He wants you to be. He will help you on the way.
Contemplate your
Godly position, time flies! Grandma and
I meet and started dating in high school, Addisson you are already past that
age. Quinlyn, you are in that age group. Children think about and make decisions now,
will you bind date? Never worked for
me. Will you smoke; tobacco, pot, drink
alcohol, take other stuff? Sex, drugs, crime, all these are options that will
be presented to you by the world and some of your best friends or coworkers it seems. Think beforehand, have your worldview ready
and you will be ready to respond when the issue arises. Decide what you will do or not do in crisis
situations; discuss it with your mother, Walther, or Grandma and me if you want
to.
You can vote, now or
soon. You can help shape our country;
your worldview as a citizen is important.
You know mine is Christian based, and may seem rigid, but that is my
worldview showing. I have not been as
involved as I should have been, nor has most of my family or the many church
members I know. We have left the left
manage politics and education and look where we are today. Think, develop your worldview, and act.
Love Grandpap,
No comments:
Post a Comment