Hello Children,
In “Notes to my
Grandchildren” I would like to talk to you about school this year. In Church
this morning the pastor recognized the teachers who are about to enter this
next school year. He asked them to stand, had the congregation recognize them,
and we prayed for them. And then gave each a bag of little things to use in the
classroom. He had been a teacher and wanted to acknowledge the teachers and
encourage them and then encourage the congregation to support them. I agree
with him that we should thank God for the good teachers who bring their love
and dedication to school each year to teach our children the things they need
to know to become good productive citizens in the USA.
I am impressed by the
good teachers I know in the North Country. I had a couple of good teachers who impacted
my life and still remember them and wish I could personally thank them now. Please take this as a personal thank you to all the teachers I have known. And
children, be respectful to your teachers this year, learn from them, and try to
make their job as pleasant as possible. You will benefit in the long run. Remember, they are not prefect, anymore than you are perfect.
Grandpap,

No comments:
Post a Comment